- A country located in southeastern.
- Population is around 10.8 million.
- Athens is the nation's capital and largest.
- Eighty percent of Greece is mountainous.
- Official Language: Greek
- Area: 131,957 km2.
- The climate in Greece is typical of the Mediterraneanrelatively warm and dry summers and, generally, extended periods of sunshine throughout most of the year
How to apply for undergraduate studies in Greece
- Prepare all the necessary documentation you will be asked to prove you qualify for higher education studies. The documents you have to prepare are listed below:
- Two passport-sized photos
- The original school leaving certificate ratified by the competent educational authority of your home country
- A certificate of the total grade point average (GPA). This is the average grade point you obtained at upper secondary school in combination with the results you obtained at the entry examinations in your home country. Please, observe, that you must have a minimum grade point of 10 out of 20 according to the Greek grading system in order to be eligible for higher education studies in Greece. To learn how you would score in the Greek system, you may check the information about the Greek grading system.
- A certificate to show not only your citizenship and origin, but also your parents' citizenship and origin A certificate issued by the competent educational authority or diplomatic authority to confirm you qualify for higher education studies in your home country
- An official statement to show that you haven't been enrolled in higher education studies in Greece previously or you don't hold a degree from a Greek higher education institution
- Please, pay to attention to the fact that all documents must be translated into Greek and ratified for their authenticity by a Greek diplomatic authority abroad or by the Translation Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Greece.
- Undergraduate studies (first cycle)
- Although Greece is not a signatory country of the Lisbon Convention, if you successfully completed upper secondary studies, are in possession of a valid school leaving certificate and qualify for higher education studies in your home country, you may also qualify for higher education studies in Greece. However, you are requested to prove your level of knowledge of Greek and have studied another foreign language, such as English, Spanish, French or German. In some cases, you must also satisfy course specific requirements. For example, if you are applying for mathematical studies, you must have studied mathematics.
Master's studies (second cycle)
- If you are applying for a master's program at university in Greece, you are required to be in possession of a relevant bachelor's or equivalent degree diploma.
Doctoral studies (third cycle)
- In the event you are applying for doctoral studies at university in Greece, you are required to be in possession of a relevant diploma or master's degree program.
- Language requirements for studies at universities in Greece Greek
- The language of instruction at higher education institutions is Greek. Therefore, you should be ready to prove your level of command of Greek with the results you receive after taking the exams in Greek language from any of the institutions below:
- Modern Greek Language Center of the University of Athens Modern Greek Language Centre of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
If English is not your first language and you might be taking courses in English while at university in Greece, you are required to prove your level of command of the English language through the results you received from your studies at upper secondary school or through the results you received at the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum accepted score for the TOEFL test is usually 570 (paper-based) or 90 (Internet-based), and 6.5 for the IELTS test.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Greece, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Greece Schengen Visa, accordingly.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Greece Visa Application:
Greece Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Greece with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
- Invitation letter from the Greek company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Greece, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Greece Visa for Business Purposes:
Greece Visa for Medical Purposes:
Greece Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Agricultural University of Athens
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (campuses: Thessaloniki, Serres)
- Athens School of Fine Arts
- Athens University of Economics and Business
- Democritus University of Thrace (campuses: Komotini, Xanthi,)
- Harokopio University
- Hellenic Open University
- International Hellenic University
- Ionian University
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- National Technical University of Athens
- Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences
- Technical University of Crete
- University of the Aegean (campuses: Mytilene, Chios, Karlovasi, Myrina, Greece)
- University of Crete (campuses: Heraklio, Rethymno)
- University of Ioannina
- University of Macedonia
- University of Patras (campuses: Patras, Agrinio)
- University of Peloponnese (campuses: Tripoli, Korinthos, Kalamata, Nafplio, Sparti)
- University of Piraeus
- University of Thessaly (campuses: Larissa, Volos, Karditsa, Trikala, Lamia)
- University of Western Macedonia (campuses: Florina, Kozani)